At Mission Veterinary Clinic and Animal Emergency Hospital, we are dedicated to providing your pet with the veterinarian care he needs. When you need a veterinarian you can trust to care for your pet in the greater Granada Hills, CA, area, give us a visit.
In addition to regular checkups and more involved treatment such as surgery, we also provide pet microchipping services. There are several reasons to get your pet microchipped and we have listed a few down below.
Reasons to Get Your Pet Microchipped
Dog microchipping and cat microchipping have many positives for a pet owner. Veterinarians advise pet microchipping for the following reasons.
1. Find Your Pet if He Gets Lost: A key advantage of microchipping is that if your pet gets lost, gets out of your home, or jumps a fence, you can be reunited with them when he is caught and brought to a vet or pound. With a chip, your pet will be scanned, and you will be contacted to come get him.
2. Long-Lasting: Pet microchips can last for a long time. This means you will likely only have to get your pet chipped once unless he lives to a very old age. This makes the process a one-time event that provides a lifetime of support.
3. A Chip cannot Become Lost: Traditional pet tags can break and fall off, as can the collar these tags are attached to. If your pet gets out or runs away, traditional tags may not be a guarantee he is returned. A microchip is embedded in the skin and cannot fall off by accident.
4. A National Database: When your pet’s data is entered into the chip database, this information is accessible nationwide. This means that if your pet ends up in another state or becomes lost when you are moving, you can still be contacted when he is found.
5. It Can Prove Your Ownership: Sometimes pets are stolen both for financial and personal reasons. A chip with your information is a record that you own this pet. A chip can help prove your pet belongs to you if situations such as this arise.
Get Dog Microchipping and Cat Microchipping from a Veterinarian Near You
If you have not gotten your pet chipped in Granada Hills, CA, we at Mission Veterinary Clinic and Animal Emergency Hospital here to help. A microchip can help you find your pets if they are ever lost and help you return them home. Call us at (818) 363-8143 for dog microchipping and cat microchipping from a veterinarian near you.