1. Payment is expected when services are rendered. In order to focus on our patients' needs, customer service and minimizing costs, we do not bill.
2. When unexpected illness strikes a pet, unexpected expense strikes as well. Mission Veterinary Clinic understands this and is able to make some special arrangements through the CareCredit program. It takes just 5 minutes to complete an application and will allow you to break down your payment into 6 monthly installments. You can either apply at our hospital, where we'll call in your application over the phone for immediate approval, or apply yourself online at: www.CareCredit.com.
Highlights of the CareCredit program:
- Low Monthly Payments (3% of the Total Balance)
- Interest Free For 6 Months
- Determine Approval in a Few Minutes
- No Annual Fee
Pet Insurance by Trupanion
We offer Trupanion members the use of their patented software so eligible claims can be paid direct to our hospitals, so you only need to pay your portion and not wait for reimbursements. It’s the #1 reason members choose Trupanion! As well as Trupanion’s Exam Day Offers, which assist with faster coverage and a chance see if Pet Medical Insurance is right for you!
Common questions to review when thinking about pet medical insurance can be found here . Another popular option for your family and pet is insurance coverage. To learn more, please visit the following pet insurance website.
Some questions to consider when choosing medical insurance for your pet.
1. Are there exclusions or limitations by breed?
2. Is there one simple plan or multiple plans with varying coverage limits? What are the policy limits for each plan offered? Are they per year, per condition, for the life of the pet?
3. Are hereditary and congenital conditions covered? If so, are there limits on coverage?
4. Does coverage change when visiting a specialist or emergency hospital?
5. Is dental coverage included? Does it include disease or just accidents?
6. Are all prescription drugs, supplements, and nutraceuticals covered? How about prescription food?
7. Is there a coverage option for rehab or alternative therapies? What are the limits?
8. Is wellness care (vaccines, flea, and heartworm prevention) an option or mandatory with the policy? Are wellness treatments dictated by a benefit schedule or can your veterinarian determine proper care? Are there limits?
9. Does coverage change if enrolling an adult or senior pet?
1. Does the provider offer direct payments to veterinary hospitals at checkout?
2. If there are no direct payment options, what is the average time to receive reimbursements?
3. Does the provider offer pre-approval to ensure coverage?
4. What is needed to send in a claim? How long does it take to process?
5. What are the customer service hours? Can you reach a representative after hours or during holidays if a condition is life threatening?
1. What are the waiting periods when you enroll? Are they longer for orthopedic, hereditary, or congenital conditions?
2. How does the deductible work? Per condition, per year, per body part, or per condition and per year?
3. How flexible are your deductible options? Are you given specific amounts, or can you adjust to best fit your budget? Can you change the deductible without affecting coverage?
4. Can a previously covered condition become pre-existing upon policy renewal or if you change the limit or the deductible?
5. Are there penalties for making changes to your policy?
6. Are premium increases on a predetermined schedule?
7. Are there additional fees to pay your premium monthly?
8. Is there a minimum or maximum age for coverage?
9. Is there a usual and customary charges clause or does the company pay from the invoice?
l0. Can your policy be canceled for any reason other than non-payment?